Saturday, February 21, 2009

The second visit.

The second visit wasn't as bad as the first, because they told me what to expect. It was a short rundown of payments and the treatment plan again. They didn't do anything with my mouth ( which was nice after a shakey experience the first visit.)

My orthodontist was kind of worried since I'm only 16 (15 the time of the visit) and he had to keep reassuring that I had to go through with the treatment and can't cheat it. I told him I am willing to go through with it, for the results. 

As far as payment goes, the total is somewhere in the 5,000's. I can't remember exact numbers. My dads insurance is taking off 1,500, so its leaving us with a payment of around $4,500.00. We had to pay $235.00 just for the first impressions and x-rays, for records in the orthodontist office. The nurse, Maria (you'll probably hear about her again) set up a payment plan for my dad with $180.00 a month, for about a year. 

At first when I brought up the Invisalign idea with my dentist, he told me probably about a 6 month treatment would take place. My orthodontist told me about a year. He told me a number of trays, but I can't even remember, enough to last me a year I suppose. And in about 15 minutes, my first visit was over with. 
They scheduled me to go in for my third appointment (which would be getting DETAILED impressions) about 3 weeks later, and said it would take probably about 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment