Saturday, February 21, 2009

The first visit to my orthodontist.

January 26th, 2009

I'd like to start off with this blog, to tell you I'm 16 years old, and I will be beginning my invisalign treatment around march 20th, 2009. So far, I have visited my orthodontist three times. The first visit was a simple look around, and they took pictures of my teeth, (which was really awkward) and we discussed the treatment and if it would be suitable for me to have it. They discussed it with my dad (because I am a minor) and we decided that I would do the treatment. 

The invisalign treatment requires a lot of impressions, something which I was terrified of. The lady who was taking my impressions was very nice and comforting, and brought me into a room with a big xray machine and of course the simple dental chair. She took x-rays of my mouth, ( one I had to bite down on this stick like thing, and the other, I had two things poking in my ears which was really awkward might I say.) Then I started to get nervous. I had never gotten impressions in my life, and people have told me how dreadful they are, and how they irritate the gag reflex. Right away, I told the lady that I have a hard time with gagging. She made this gooey mixture and put it in these silver trays, and simply slid them into my mouth, the bottom one was first. I did not gag until she had to take them out, (they took about maybe a minute, seemed a lot longer to me though.) Next was the top ones. Same procedure as the bottoms. Right away, I felt discomfort, and began to gag, A LOT. I actually attempted on ripping them out, but she told me not to, cause I would just have to do them over again. Finally, the impressions were done, and she then had me bite down on this piece of wax. (I recommend getting your top impressions done first, to get it over with.) I walked out of the office into the waiting room for my dad, and my first visit was done with.(:







No comments:

Post a Comment